Becky is an Ignatian-trained spiritual director, retreat facilitator, and writer. She is the author of the book Busy Lives and Restless Souls, published in March 2017 by Loyola Press. She helps others create space to connect faith and everyday life through facilitating retreats and days of reflection, through writing, and through spiritual direction.
With nearly twenty years of ministry experience within the Catholic Church, Becky seeks to help others discover God at work in the every day moments of people’s lives by utilizing St. Ignatius’ Spiritual Exercises and the many gifts that our Catholic faith and Ignatian Spirituality provide.
Becky currently lives in Baton Rouge, LA, where she meets with men and women of all ages for monthly spiritual direction and leads people through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. She leads days of reflections and retreats for parishes and other ministry organizations, and she gives the Ignatian preached retreat for various retreat houses.
In addition, she offers reflections series and weekly reflections on her own website as well as bi-weekly reflections on Loyola Press’ Ignatian Spirituality blog, dotMagis. She also writes retreats for ministry organizations and parishes for publication.
Past Ministry (1998-2014):
She is originally from Baton Rouge, LA, where she worked in youth ministry, young adult ministry, and Adult Faith Formation for ten years (1998-2008) in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. Her love of retreat ministry began when she was in high school as a peer minister for junior high school retreats. While in college, she founded the Diocesan Youth Retreat Team, a group of college-age students who gave retreats for high school and junior high students at parishes and schools. Later her passion for retreat ministry spread to facilitating days of reflection and retreats for young adults and adults. She began Young Adult Ministry in the Diocese of Baton Rouge and the Charis Retreat Program that are both still in existence today.
In 2008, Becky moved to Athens, GA. While in Georgia, she worked with the Catholic Center at the University of Georgia. For four years, (2008-2012) she supported the Catholic Center by offering various retreat programs, spiritual direction, and Adult Faith Formation programs.
From 2009-2013, she worked for Charis Ministries, a Jesuit Retreat ministry for those in their 20s and 30s, where she helped dioceses, parishes, retreat houses, and campus ministries reach those in their 20s and 30s through retreat ministry.
Becky lived in Dallas, TX, for three years, 2012-2015, where she met with people for Spiritual Direction, led people through the Spiritual Exercises, and offered retreats and days of reflection for parishes, schools, ministry organizations and at the local Jesuit Retreat House.
Education and Training:
Becky holds a Masters in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University New Orleans with a focus on Christian Spirituality. She has a Certificate of Spiritual Direction from Spring Hill University. Becky also earned a Masters of Education and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Louisiana State University. In 2014, she completed the Ignatian Preached Retreat Practicum offered by Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House.
Becky shares life with her husband of thirteen years, Chris, and her children, Brady, Abby, and Mary. They are her greatest joy!
- World Youth Day Formation Retreats published by USCCB in 2015
- Charis Ministries– Spirit@Work Retreat – Ignatian Discernment Retreat (Published 2014)
- Charis Ministries –Catholic School Teachers Retreat (Published 2012)
- Charis Ministries– Marriage Retreat: Christ Alive in Our Marriage (Publish Date April 2013)
- Charis Ministries– Choosing to be Catholic Retreat (Publish Date June 2013)
Loyola Press dotMagis Blog
Loyola Press 3 minute Retreat Lenten Reflections
- March 2, 2012
- March 23, 2012
- March 30, 2012
- April 6, 2012
- February 15, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- March 8, 2013
- March 15, 2013
- March 22, 2013
- March 29, 2013
Loyola Press DRE Connect:
- Moments of Return for Catholic Young Adults
- Action Steps for Moments of Return
- Informal Moments of Return
- The Power of Invitation to Church Ministry
- Four Thing My Mentor in Ministry Taught me
- Teaching Young Adults to Pray
Loyola Press Advent Reflection in Finding God Series Textbook
- Young Adult Ministry in the Box: “Finding, Forming, and Supporting Leaders”
Catholic Digest Blog
- “One Word”- July 2011
- “Lost Generation – or Is it?”” June 2011
- “We All Need A Little Magic!“-January 2010
- “Traditions”November 2010
- “Catholic Digest Readers, Tag, You’re It”- August 2010
- “Cleaning and Organizing”- August 2010
- “What Does My Faith Ask of Me?”-July 2010
- “Afternoons at the Zoo”- June 2010
- Brady Swim Lessons'”- June 2010
Charis Ministries Blog
- “First Week of Spiritual Exercises” “Retreats and Storytelling”– January 2011
- Small Bumps in the Road– Blog, June 10, 2010
- “Lord, Save Me”-blog, June 9, 2010
- “Do as I have done”– blog, March 3, 2010
- “Where Does God Speak to Us?”– Blog, February 24, 2010
- “Gathering“- Blog, February 3, 2010
- “Heart, Head, Hands”-Blog, January 27, 2010
Paulist National Catholic Evangelist Newsletter
Catechetical Leader Magazine: