Welcome, it’s nice to meet you!
I am passionate about Ignatian spirituality and teaching people how to pray; how to make room for God in the busyness. I work hard to practice what I preach — sharing the wisdom that people taught me– on how to pray and how to use the tools of Ignatian spirituality in the reality of life.
Despite the journey it took for me to believe God calls for me, accompanying people deeper in their faith lives is at the heart of my call, whether it’s walking with someone in spiritual direction or through writing or creating resources for people to use in prayer or on a retreat. This is the work of my life for the last twenty plus years, and I cannot see stopping it anytime soon.
I live in Baton Rouge, LA along with my husband, Chris, and our children, Brady, Abby and Mary. There is truly no greater joy than sharing life with these four amazing human beings! My favorite thing to do is sit in deep conversation with another person listening to each other tell the stories of our lives, exploring the deeper questions , and learning more about ourselves, each other, and God in the process. My hope is that we can do that one day together too- whether it be through meeting each other on a retreat or through my writing. I look forward to accompanying you!
If you want a bit more of my professional experience, keep scrolling.
Becky is an Ignatian-trained spiritual director, retreat facilitator, and author of two books: The Inner Chapel (Loyola Press, April 2020) and Busy Lives and Restless Souls (Loyola Press, March 2017). She leads a ministry that offers spiritual direction, resources, and retreats (virtual and in-person) rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Passionate about Ignatian spirituality and teaching people how to pray and discern, Becky draws from over twenty years of ministry experience to help others make room for God in the busyness and invite them deeper in their walk with Christ.
Becky currently lives in Baton Rouge, LA, where she writes and meet with men and women of all ages for monthly spiritual direction and leads people through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. She leads days of reflections and retreats for dioceses, parishes, retreats houses and other ministry organizations.
A growing part of her ministry is empowering others to use their gifts and voices to share the wisdom of Ignatian spirituality. In 2020, after eleven years of writing her blog solo, she invited a team of Ignatian writers to join her. The blog is now named Into the Deep: Exploring Ignatian Spirituality through the Voices of Women. Becky trains others to give Ignatian retreats. In August 2022 she will join the Archdiocese of New Orleans Spiritual Direction Program teaching team to train Ignatian spiritual directors.
Education and Training:
Becky holds a Masters in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University New Orleans with a focus on Christian Spirituality. She has a Certificate of Spiritual Direction from Spring Hill College. Becky also earned a Masters of Education and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Louisiana State University. In 2014, she completed the Ignatian Preached Retreat Practicum offered by Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House.
- The Inner Chapel (Loyola Press, April 2020)
- Busy Lives & Restless Souls (Loyola Press, March 2017)
- World Youth Day Formation Retreats published by USCCB in 2015
- Charis Ministries– Spirit@Work Retreat – Ignatian Discernment Retreat (2014)
- Charis Ministries– Marriage Retreat: Christ Alive in Our Marriage ( April 2013)
- Charis Ministries– Choosing to be Catholic Retreat (June 2013)
- Charis Ministries –Catholic School Teachers Retreat ( 2012)
Contributor for Other Books:
- A Stranger and You Welcomed Me: Homilies and Reflections for Cycle B (December 2020)
Thirsty, and You Gave Me Drink; Homilies and Reflections for Cycle C (December 2021)
In Prison, and You Visited Me, Cycle A (Publish date of December 2022)
Writer for dotMagis Blog since 2011
3 minute Retreats
- March 2, 2012
- March 23, 2012
- March 30, 2012
- April 6, 2012
- February 15, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- March 8, 2013
- March 15, 2013
- March 22, 2013
- March 29, 2013
Loyola Press DRE Connect:
- Moments of Return for Catholic Young Adults
- Action Steps for Moments of Return
- Informal Moments of Return
- The Power of Invitation to Church Ministry
- Four Thing My Mentor in Ministry Taught me
- Teaching Young Adults to Pray
Loyola Press Advent Reflection in Finding God Series Textbook
Give Us This Day Reflections:
- April 2021
- October 2021
Midwest Jesuits Magazine:
- Making Room for God article (P. 13) – March 2017
- Young Adult Ministry in the Box: “Finding, Forming, and Supporting Leaders”
- Meeting God Through Ignatian Spirituality (April 4, 2017)
Catholic Digest Blog
- “One Word”- July 2011
- “Lost Generation – or Is it?”” June 2011
- “We All Need A Little Magic!“-January 2010
- “Traditions”November 2010
- “Catholic Digest Readers, Tag, You’re It”- August 2010
- “Cleaning and Organizing”- August 2010
- “What Does My Faith Ask of Me?”-July 2010
- “Afternoons at the Zoo”- June 2010
- Brady Swim Lessons'”- June 2010
Charis Ministries Blog
- “First Week of Spiritual Exercises” “Retreats and Storytelling”– January 2011
- Small Bumps in the Road– Blog, June 10, 2010
- “Lord, Save Me”-blog, June 9, 2010
- “Do as I have done”– blog, March 3, 2010
- “Where Does God Speak to Us?”– Blog, February 24, 2010
- “Gathering“- Blog, February 3, 2010
- “Heart, Head, Hands”-Blog, January 27, 2010
Paulist National Catholic Evangelist Newsletter
Catechetical Leader Magazine:
- Catechetical Leader March 2010 Issue, “Transforming Power of the Word Made Flesh”
- Catechetical Leader March 2013 Issue, “Immersed in Christ”