It’s nice to meet you! I am passionate about Ignatian spirituality and teaching people how to pray; how to make room for God in the busyness. I work hard to practice what I preach — sharing the wisdom that people taught me– on how to pray and how to use the tools of Ignatian spirituality as a lay person.
Despite the journey it took for me to believe God calls for me, accompanying people deeper in their faith lives is at the heart of my call, whether it’s walking with someone in spiritual direction or through writing or on a retreat. This is the work of my life for the last twenty plus years, and I cannot see stopping it anytime soon. I am looking forward to accompanying you!
Stick around for just a while and you’ll find out real quick how deep my Louisiana roots run! My faith is influenced tremendously by the Catholic community of South Louisiana that continues to broaden my understanding that being Catholic is a lot more than just showing up to mass on Sunday. It is also about getting outside and seeing God in nature, about hospitality, about sharing meals together, and about supporting your community around you, especially when bad weather is upon us. It is why on any given day there is a good chance you’ll find more than just our family members in our home.
You’ll learn, too, of my deep love for my hubby, Chris, and children, Brady, Abby and Mary. I guarantee you’ll probably hear a story or two from our sixteen years of marriage and the adventures of our lives as a family! Honestly, there is truly no greater joy than sharing life with these four amazing human beings.
My favorite thing to do is sit in deep conversation with another person listening to each other tell the stories of our lives, exploring the deeper questions , and learning more about ourselves, each other, and God in the process. My hope is that we can do that one day together too- whether it be through meeting each other on a retreat or through my writing. Join my mailing list and let’s be friends!
If you want a bit more of my professional experience, keep scrolling.
More About Becky
Becky is an Ignatian-trained spiritual director, retreat facilitator, and author of two books: The Inner Chapel (Loyola Press, April 2020) and Busy Lives & Restless Souls (Loyola Press, 2017). She leads a ministry that offers spiritual direction, resources, and retreats (virtual and in-person) rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Passionate about Ignatian spirituality and teaching people how to pray and discern, Becky draws from over twenty years of ministry experience to help people make room for God in the busyness and invite them deeper in their walk with Christ.
Becky is the co-founder of Women of the Well in the Diocese of Baton Rouge, a ministry that accompanies women in their encounter with Christ using the gifts of Ignatian Spirituality.
In addition, she offers reflections series and weekly reflections on her own website as well as monthly reflections on Loyola Press’ Ignatian Spirituality blog, dotMagis.
She holds an Masters in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University in New Orleans, a Master of Education from Louisiana State University.
PREVIOUS MINISTRY EXPERIENCE
In 2008, Becky moved to Athens, GA. While in Georgia, she worked with the Catholic Center at the University of Georgia. For four years, (2008-2012) she supported the Catholic Center by offering various retreat programs, spiritual direction, and Adult Faith Formation programs.
From 2009-2013, she worked for Charis Ministries, a Jesuit Retreat ministry for those in their 20s and 30s, where she helped dioceses, parishes, retreat houses, and campus ministries reach those in their 20s and 30s through retreat ministry.
Becky lived in Dallas, TX, for three years, 2012-2015, where she met with people for Spiritual Direction, led people through the Spiritual Exercises, and offered retreats and days of reflection for parishes, schools, ministry organizations and at the local Jesuit Retreat House.
WRITING & CONTRIBUTIONS
- The Inner Chapel: Embracing the Promises of God (April 2020, Loyola Press)
- Busy Lives & Restless Souls: How Prayer Can Help You Find the Missing Peace in Your Life – (March 2017, Loyola Press)
- World Youth Day Formation Retreats published by USCCB in 2015
- Charis Ministries– Spirit@Work Retreat – Ignatian Discernment Retreat (Published 2014)
- Charis Ministries –Catholic School Teachers Retreat (Published 2012)
- Charis Ministries– Marriage Retreat: Christ Alive in Our Marriage (Publish Date April 2013)
- Charis Ministries– Choosing to be Catholic Retreat (Publish Date June 2013)
Loyola Press dotMagis Blog
- Writer for dotMagis Blog since 2011
Loyola Press 3 minute Retreat Lenten Reflections
- March 2, 2012
- March 23, 2012
- March 30, 2012
- April 6, 2012
- February 15, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- March 8, 2013
- March 15, 2013
- March 22, 2013
- March 29, 2013
Loyola Press DRE Connect:
- Moments of Return for Catholic Young Adults
- Action Steps for Moments of Return
- Informal Moments of Return
- The Power of Invitation to Church Ministry
- Four Thing My Mentor in Ministry Taught me
- Teaching Young Adults to Pray
Loyola Press Advent Reflection in Finding God Series Textbook
Midwest Jesuits Magazine:
- Making Room for God article (P. 13) – March 2017
- Young Adult Ministry in the Box: “Finding, Forming, and Supporting Leaders”
- Meeting God Through Ignatian Spirituality (April 4, 2017)
Catholic Digest Blog
- “One Word”- July 2011
- “Lost Generation – or Is it?”” June 2011
- “We All Need A Little Magic!“-January 2010
- “Traditions”November 2010
- “Catholic Digest Readers, Tag, You’re It”- August 2010
- “Cleaning and Organizing”- August 2010
- “What Does My Faith Ask of Me?”-July 2010
- “Afternoons at the Zoo”- June 2010
- Brady Swim Lessons’”- June 2010
Charis Ministries Blog
- “First Week of Spiritual Exercises” “Retreats and Storytelling”– January 2011
- Small Bumps in the Road– Blog, June 10, 2010
- “Lord, Save Me”-blog, June 9, 2010
- “Do as I have done”– blog, March 3, 2010
- “Where Does God Speak to Us?”– Blog, February 24, 2010
- “Gathering“- Blog, February 3, 2010
- “Heart, Head, Hands”-Blog, January 27, 2010
Paulist National Catholic Evangelist Newsletter
Catechetical Leader Magazine:
"I use Testimonial Generator often. Great job, I will definitely be ordering again! I'm good to go."
"Nice work on your Testimonial Generator. You've saved our business!"
"I use Testimonial Generator often. Great job, I will definitely be ordering again! I'm good to go. "