This morning, a piece of scrap paper fell out of one of my old journals. I cannot remember what I was reading when I took these notes; however, I was moved by these words today, and I wanted to share them with you. Thank you to the author who wrote them and spurred my note-taking and idea-jotting. If only I could remember who you are!
- Prayer is brutal honesty with God that sometimes involves wrestling.
- Jesus had a role- to be part of ongoing work of God in this world.
- Our role is to play in the ongoing creation of the world.
- Our posture towards life should be to “pray unceasingly”!
- We should ask ourselves
- What is God up to now?
- How can I be part of it?
- Prayer is taping into the same energy that formed the world!!!
As I continue to understand the profound power of prayer in my life, these above notes call forth something deep within me. Prayer is where God through the Holy Spirit speaks to us and moves our hearts to transformation. Prayer is where God roots ideas in us to go out and help co-create!
Are we listening?
Are we praying unceasingly so we can be part of that same energy that formed the world?