I speak on topics such as prayer, spirituality, Ignatian spirituality, making hope real, making space for God in the busyness, discernment, and walking with others. I speak locally at events such as RCIA classes, adult faith formation events, trainings, and other ministry gatherings. Nationally, I speak at conferences on spirituality, prayer, discernment, and cultivating space for God.
Speaking in 2018:
- January 11-13, 2018: Go! The Gulf Coast Faith Formation Conference (2 workshops)
- February 9, 2018: Jen Fulwiler Radio Show
- March 15-18, 2018: RECongress 2018 (2 workshops)
- April 13, 2018: St. Rita School Parent’s Club, Dallas, TX
Retreats & Parish Missions
I lead retreats and days of reflections for adults in parishes, schools, and other ministry organizations. My retreats are rooted in Ignatian spirituality. I combine prayer experience, story telling, teaching and opportunities for personal reflection in order to give people space to reflect on their own experience of God. I am passionate about arming people with prayer tools and practical tips so people can leave the retreat and more easily find their own way to connect with God in every day life.
I tailor retreats and days of reflections to the needs of the organization and the people attending.
- Parish staff retreat
- Leadership retreat for ministry boards
- Catechist retreats
- Ministering to the ministers
- Women’s day of reflection
- Parish retreat. or day of reflection
- School teachers retreats
- Advisory Board retreat
Examples of Themes:
- Praying Our Lives: A Remedy for Restlessness
- Encountering the Heart of God
- Making Room for God in the Busyness
- Encountering God in the Busyness
- Who is the Author of your life?
- Re-calibrating Our Lives: Making God Our Center
- Planted by Streams: Deepening Our Life in God
- Cultivating Space for God
- Mercy Matters
2018 Retreats and Parish Missions:
- January 22-25, 2018: Online Busy Person’s Retreat
- January 27, 2018: “Making Room for God in the New Year“, SJA Alumnae Retreat
- February 21-23, 2018: Diocese of Monterey Principals’ Retreat
- February 27, 2018: St. George Parish Staff Retreat, Baton Rouge, LA
- March 4, 5, & 6, 2018– Parish Mission, St. John the Baptist in Brusly
- March 24, 2018: Women’s Day of Reflection
- April 10, 2018: Day of Prayer: Who is the Author of Your Life?, Rosaryville Retreat House
- April 19-22, 2018: Ignatian Preached Retreat, Rosaryville Retreat House
- April 23-26, 2018: Online Busy Person’s Retreat
- August 23-26, 2018: Ignatian Preached Retreat, Rosaryville Retreat House
2019 Retreats and Parish
- May 16-19, 2019: Ignatian Preached Retreat, Rosaryville Retreat House
Spiritual Direction is for you if….
- You are looking to grow in your relationship with God
- You want to bring your faith into daily life
- You are seeking ways to broaden your prayer life
- You are in a season of discernment, transition, or uncertainty
Role of a spiritual director
I often think of a spiritual director as a holy listener. It is one who sits and listens to the other person’s life experience and prayer life. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we discern God’s invitations to deepen in relationship with God.
I am an Ignatian trained spiritual director. I received my Certificate of Spiritual Direction from Spring Hill College through their program at the Jesuit retreat house, Ignatius House, in Atlanta, GA. In addition to this training, I have over 15 years of experience in facilitating retreats and listening to other’s faith journeys in retreat settings and days of reflection.
What I offer?
- I meet people for monthly spiritual direction
- I lead people through the 19th Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius (9-10 month retreat in daily life)
- I meet people during intentional seasons of discernment
Who I work with
I meet with people locally in Baton Rouge, LA and occasionally work with people via telephone or Skype.
*** I am not taking on any new people locally or via phone or Skype at the present time. ****