I speak on topics such as prayer, spirituality, Ignatian spirituality, discernment, and walking with others. I speak locally at events such as RCIA classes and trainings, Theology on Tap, Holy Grounds evening, and other ministry gatherings. Nationally, I speak at conferences on Ignatian spirituality, prayer, and cultivating space for God.
Speaking in 2017:
- March 13, 2017: Re-calibrating Our Lives: Making God Our Center, Jesuit Connections Talk:Chicago, IL
- March 14, 2017: Institute of Pastoral Studies Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
Retreats & Parish Missions
I lead retreats and days of reflections for adults and young adults (those in their 20s and 30s) in parishes, schools, and other ministry organizations. My retreats are rooted in Ignatian spirituality. I combine prayer experience, story telling, teaching and opportunities for personal reflection in order to give people space to reflect on their own experience of God. I am passionate about arming people with prayer tools and practical tips so people can leave the retreat and more easily find their own way to connect with God in every day life.
I tailor retreats and days of reflections to the needs of the organization and the people attending.
- Parish staff retreat
- Leadership retreat for ministry boards
- Catechist retreats
- Women’s day of reflection
- Parish retreat
- School teachers opening retreat
- Advisory Board retreat
Examples of Themes:
- Praying Our Lives: A Remedy for Restlessness
- Encountering the Heart of God
- Making Room for God in the Busyness
- Encountering God in the Busyness
- Re-calibrating Our Lives: Making God Our Center
- Planted by Streams: Deepening Our Life in God
- Cultivating Space for God
- Jesus, who models the way
- Mercy Matters
2017 Retreats and Missions:
- March 11, 2017: Encountering God in the Busyness, Connections Morning of Reflection, Chicago, IL
- March 14, 2017: Making Room for God in the Busyness, Morning of Reflection for Faith, Hope and Charity Parish, Chicago, IL
- March 20, 2017: St. Joseph’s Academy Faculty and Staff Retreat, Baton Rouge, LA
- March 20-22, 2017: Praying Our Lives: A Remedy for Restlessness, St. Gabriel Parish Lenten Mission, Baton Rouge, LA
- April 1, 2017: “Encountering the Heart of God”, a Morning of Reflection for the Diocese of Baton Rouge Young Adult Ministry, co-led with my husband, Chris Eldredge
- August 24-27, 2017: Ignatian Preached Retreat, Rosaryville Spirit-Life Center
2018 Retreats and Parish Missions:
- March 4, 5, & 6, 2018- Parish Mission, St. John the Baptist in Brusly
Spiritual Direction is for you if….
- You are looking to grow in your relationship with God
- You want to bring your faith into daily life
- You are seeking ways to broaden your prayer life
- You are in a season of discernment, transition, or uncertainty
Role of a spiritual director
I often think of a spiritual director as a holy listener. It is one who sits and listens to the other person’s life experience and prayer life. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we discern God’s invitations to deepen in relationship with God.
I am an Ignatian trained spiritual director. I received my Certificate of Spiritual Direction from Spring Hill College through their program at the Jesuit retreat house, Ignatius House, in Atlanta, GA. In addition to this training, I have over 15 years of experience in facilitating retreats and listening to other’s faith journeys in retreat settings and days of reflection.
What I offer?
- I meet people for monthly spiritual direction
- I lead people through the 19th Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius (9-10 month retreat in daily life)
- I meet people during intentional seasons of discernment
Who I work with
I meet with people locally in Baton Rouge, LA and occasionally work with people via telephone or Skype.