Sunday of the Word of God
I love feast days! Pope Francis has established a new annual feast on the 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time called the Sunday of the Word of God to emphasize and remind us of the value of sacred Scripture.
How do I pray with scripture?
Opening the Word of God can be intimidating. Let me give you two easy ways to savor and pray with scripture that can fit into your busy life.
Download this Praying with Scripture Guide. This one-page printable .pdf will walk you through the steps of both Lectio Divina and Ignatian Contemplation/Imaginative Prayer.
I invite you to set aside quiet time to be with God. When you are ready to move forward, begin with a moment of silence. Take a deep breath and let’s dive into scripture.
- Read Becky’s books about prayer! Busy Lives and Restless Souls and The Inner Chapel: Embracing the Promises of God
- Read Listening for God in Scripture
- Praying with the Psalms
- Ignatian Contemplation/Imaginative Prayer
- Lectio Divina
Guided Audio Reflections
Becky is an Ignatian-trained spiritual director, retreat facilitator, and writer. She is the author of the book Busy Lives and Restless Souls, published in March 2017 by Loyola Press. With nearly twenty years of ministry experience within the Catholic Church, Becky seeks to help others discover God at work in the every day moments of people’s lives by utilizing St. Ignatius’ Spiritual Exercises and the many gifts that our Catholic faith and Ignatian Spirituality provide.
- Online Retreats
- Learn More about the Examen
- Becky’s Book: Busy Lives & Restless Souls
- Becky’s Blog – Most Recent post: Living in Hope: The Holy Family