Chris, my husband, sent me this Success Indicator last week. I am struck by many of the characteristics that are listed on this image about what makes people successful and what makes people unsuccessful. Many of the successful characteristics are similar to what we strive for in our faith life:
- Have a sense of gratitude
- Forgive others
- Accept responsibility for their failures
- Keep a journal
- Want others to succeed
- Exude Joy
- Give others credit for their victories
As we strive to deepen our relationship with God, we are seeking to develop these very same skills:
- Strengthening are sense of gratitude
- Learning to forgive and seek forgiveness
- Owning our sins and what gets in the way of our relationship with God
- Keeping a prayer journal
- Celebrating life within a community
- Radiating joy rooted in our faith
- Affirming others gifts and calls and successes
Where would we fall on this image? In the category of successful or unsuccessful people?
Becky, I had seen this image but didn’t stop to reflect on it. Thank you for pointing out the spiritual connections.
Denise, Chris shared this with me, and he and I got in a conversation about it. As we talked, I realized how many of these are similar to what helps us in our faith lives!